Review: Dashing through the Snow by Debbie Macomber

by 1/04/2017 0 comments
I'm going to start off the new year by wrapping some reviews of books I started in 2016. So today, I'm sharing with you a book I read during the holidays by Debbie Maccomber. I've liked other books I've read by this author so when I saw this one in the store I decided to pick it up for a friend, and got myself a copy too.

My Rating: 3 ❀'s
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add to Goodreads

This story started off strong with Ashley trying to catch a flight home just before Christmas and being unable to, which is a problem also for the man behind her in the ticket line, Dash. The two end up travelling together in a rental car, and I have to say, I love the banter between them, and some of the situations they get into are hilarious.

But I'm going to be honest and say I didn't love the book. I think the writing is strong, the characters are great, and Ashley's is especially well developed, but I think the length of the novel as well as the reason why Ashley couldn't get a flight in the first place make the story a little too unstructured. I was thrown right from the beginning as to the why Ashley can't get a flight, and that why was not well developed enough in my books. It was also resolved extremely fast, with little explanation and that whole portion of the book I found silly and thought it added nothing to the plot or romance. It was page time that could have been used for Ashley and Dash's budding romance.

A light holiday read with some fun characters and a happily ever after, a novel that I wish had a sequel so that Dash and Ashley could have a more developed story because they are pretty awesome characters.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: