Review: Wild Cat by Christine Feehan

by 11/23/2016 0 comments
I love Christine Feehan's Leopard series, but I have to say I was disappointed with her eighth novel of the series, Wild Cat. And after being disappointed with book seven, I am now uncertain as to what the most current release, Leopard's Fury is going to be like. I don't like being disappointed, but it does happen from time to time.

Series: Leopard People, #8
My Rating: 2.5 ❀'s
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Add to Goodreads

What I found most problematic in this novel was the hero. Elijah was not at all what I am used to from Christine Feehan's alpha males. They are always protective of the heroine, even to the point of being unreasonable but it's always because of the intense passion and love they feel for the hero. Now, Elijah does love Siena very deeply, but he felt far too possessive to me, and I felt as though Siena had to submit a lot, even though she was happy to do that, I just didn't like the feel of it. It was too much, too ultra possessive, and although Siena stood up to Elijah I still felt like he never gave back what she was willing to give to him. The relationship felt unbalanced and it didn't sizzle the way it should have in my opinion.

Now, others have taken issue with this novel as well, though mostly for being unable to forgive Elijah for the way he treats Siena at the beginning of the novel. And although we never see that type of behaviour again, I feel as though that nasty part of Elijah is still evident in his controlling possession of Siena. But, I also felt that the novel started strong, with an awful misunderstanding--and I don't entirely blame Elijah for the conclusions he jumped to, or how he reacted--but after the first few chapters, the novel began to drag for me. Siena and Elijah were constantly having the same argument over and over again, there was no action or plot building and the relationship was heavily focused on, but didn't ever feel hot or romantic to me. We get a quick wrap up of the baddies at the end, and viola, the end.

It just all fell flat, and for a novel of a series I adore, it felt nothing like this series. So, two misses back to back in this series for me when never before has this series missed for me. I'm hoping the next novel returns more to the romance and deeply developed relationships of the previous books.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: