What's the Scoop??? Reading Habits

by 4/30/2016 0 comments
Everyone has habits. Some are bad, like bad your nails or cracking your knuckles. Some are good habits, such as having a before bed routine. And all of us readers have reading habits. Some of us perfer ebooks, others an old fashioned paperback; some of us can read anywhere, others of us need that quiet reading nook.

Lately I've noticed that my reading habits have changed. On top of beginning to read longer novels that are not confined to the romance genre, I've begun to read more than book at once. Now, I ought say, I used to always do as a child, but as I grew older, and time became restricted because, you know, now I have to do things like cooking and cleaning and go to work every day etc. my reading habits changed. I started reading only book at time because if I started two one of them was sure to get left behind for a long while after the other one was finished. But I've started reading two novels at once again. One I listen to on audio, the other is either a paperback or an ebook, and that was great for me. It allows me to read more and heck, there are so many books out there I want to read that this is perfect for me. But I've also noticed that now that I am starting to read ebooks at once on top of that audiobook.

I've no idea how this will pan out for me, but for right now I'm going with it. We'll see if this last in the long run.

Picture is not my own work.
But it got me thinking about my habits in general. I know people who always carry a book and I see some people reading in coffee shops or on a park bench. I am not one of those people. I worry too much about my book being bent or exposed to liquids and not all my purses can house my ereader. So I do not read at the coffee shop, or a park bench. But let's face it, I don't frequent coffee houses that much and it's winter here most of the year. Or, at least, it feels like it. I'm an at home reader. I read in bed before going to sleep. I might read in bed when I wake up for that matter. I have certain spots in my house that are my go to areas for reading. So, that covers location.

Since you read my blog, you know what type of books lure me in :) But do you also have a TBR that is 900 books long? It's a habit of mine to shelve every book I want to read on Goodreads and I'm starting to think it's a bad one. How will I ever read 900 books? What about all the books I'll want to read that haven't even been published yet?

I also have the habit of falling in love with the idea of a certain novel, it's setting, the plot and sticking it on the top of my list to read even though I might in the middle of a book. Or two. This is happening a lot lately, and is becoming a consistent habit rather than just one I'll indulge in once in a while.

Another habit of mine is blogging about my reads. I hope you enjoy reading my reviews on books as much as I enjoy sharing them with you. I also hope you enjoyed reading my musings today on reading habits. I've certainly sorted out what mine are. Do any of you have the same habits? I'll sum them for you:

1. At home, in a quiet place reader. 
2. Lover of romance, fantasy and contemporary fiction. Especially historical settings.
3. Shelver of books that are to be read (one day).
4. Falling in love with the idea of a book. 
5. Reading more than one book at a time.
6. Reviewing novels on my blog. 

I'd love to hear about any reading habits that you have. Please share in the comment section. 

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: