Review: Ingited by Kaylea Cross

by 6/17/2015 0 comments
Although there are other genres of romance that I chose to read more often, I do enjoy romantic suspense, and this one really blew my socks off. It was action packed from the get go, but it had lulls so that you could get your heart rate under control. It was also clearly well researched and beautifully plotted.

Series: Titanium Security, #1 
My Rating:
Genre: Romantic Suspense


Khalia is a heroine that every woman can be proud of. Despite the fact that she is way of her element, that she's afraid, that she'd rather be home, she deals with some horrible situations like a trooper. She does it all because she wants to help the school, and to honour her father's memory but even so, I don't think it's many people who would chose to do the things that Khalia does. She's tough, and I really admired that about her.
Book Two in the series

So it's not really any wonder that Hunt falls in love with her. He's pretty damn tough himself, but you wouldn't exactly expect any less of an ex-SEAL. I think what I liked about Hunt best was he wasn't an overly alpha male. He was tough, but he oozed control and confidence. He admired Khalia because she held together so well under traumatic events, and she certainly set him on fire, but I liked that his character was consistent. He didn't sway from hard ass to softie, but rather was a well rounded confident character who was dedicated to his job.

What I really liked about this romance is that it was sizzling from the beginning. Both of them try to quash down those feelings because Khalia is the woman Hunt was hired to protect, and they are trying to maintain that professional distance. But neither one of them can fight the attraction forever, and considering the circumstances of what drew them together, I liked how they came together as a romantic couple. slowly and with quiet passion.

The writing was sharp, keeping you on the edge of your seat, and I must say, I'm very impressed by this first novel to the series, and hope to read more by this author. 

Happy Reading
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: