Review: Venom by Jennifer Estep

by 3/21/2015 0 comments
So, in my humble opinion, this is the best so far of the series. If the first two weren't powerful enough, this book is the HOOKER. I am hooked lovely readers ♥


Series: Elemental Assassin 
My Rating:
Genre: Urban Fantasy 


Please note, mild spoilers. I couldn't help myself this time.

From the opening pages, in which Gin gets herself beaten up a trio of gaints, till the end where she blows up a mansion and lets Mab Munroe know she's gunning for her, Venom is kick ass in a big way. I could not put this book down. I mean, I had to. But you know. It was a serious page turner. The action is constant, the plot development is bang on and there are finally some real mmm moments as Gin would put it.

I'll say it--I love Owen. He hasn't really done much, but he's accepted Gin for who and what she is, and that's more than Donovan Caine ever did. I love that about him. And, he strikes me as just plain hot. *Shrug* It's probably because he's something of a badboy himself. I was glad Caine wasn't in this book. Owen is much more promising romance wise. Plus, he really has Gin's back.

And, I have to say, I love that Bria is back. I mean, we hadn't met her before, but we knew she was alive, and seeing her in this book was wonderful. I was a bit disappointed with how it played out, but it did play out logically, and there is so much promise in the plot line for her character that I'm doing a little dance of joy. 

Onto Finn. Well, we knew the man was a charmer, but he's got balls too, and I really liked that about him. I think what struck me was the sense of family in this book was very strong. We knew Gin had family in Finn and the dwarven sisters before, but it all really cements in this book very strongly somehow. 

Character Development: Five stars. Plot Development: Five stars. Romance Factor: Four stars. Overall Series Development: Six stars (so shoot me, it was over the moon, really!)

Happy Reading
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: