Review: Midnight Temptation by Nancy Gideon

by 1/28/2014 0 comments
Paperback366 pages
Published October 1st 1994 
by Pinnacle
Add to Goodreads




Fleeing her father's shocking secret and the dark blood legacy that threatens to overwhelm her, beautiful Nicole Radouix seeks refuge in post-revolution Paris with handsome aristocrat Marchand La Valois, but her dark destiny moves to engulf them both.


My Thoughts

I thoroughly enjoyed this second novel in the Midnight series by Nancy Gideon. I thought it was intricately written and the characters and plot held me breathless. I really enjoyed reading about Louis and Arabella's daughter. 

And what's not to love? Vampires in Paris? A dark secret? A passionate love laced with danger...I can't think of anything more compelling to read than a story that is smart, sexy and well told and Nancy Gideon hits those nails on their little heads with shard precision. 

Nicole is everything a strong heroine ought be, with some flaws. She's kind, independent, has a strong will (which dare I say, she inherited from Arabella) but she's also proud at times, and that pride does manage to get her into a bit of trouble...but since it leads her to Marchand, it hardly matters I don't think. I liked how challenged Nicole was in this novel; she had no idea what she was, yet she learned, trusted her instincts and despite some odds, found her happily ever after. 

Marchand is an interesting hero--very human, a hero who can cry and lose himself and yet who is strong, determined and honourable. I enjoyed the refreshing naturalness of his character. I find heroes can sometimes be painted with strong strokes of perfection and it's easy to get caught up in their alpha badassness. Marchand was not like that, but he wasn't a sweet hero either or the boy next door. He was a very human character and I enjoyed that about him. It made his choice all the more courageous and demonstrative of his love for Nicole.

4 glittering stars


Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: